We asked Grace Maxwell, owner of Athletic Grace Dance Studio and one of Sage’s dance instructors, about her favorite fitness and nutrition tips. She shares her some of her suggestions here:
1. What restaurant do you frequent in LA for healthy, fresh food options? I love the Veggie Grill at El Segundo Plaza.
2. What are your favorite pre- and post-workout foods, for energy and recovery, respectively? An hour before working out, I eat turkey on wheat bread with a touch of red pepper hummus for energy. Post-workout, I snack on a banana and Smartwater shortly after class while catching up with friends.
3. Spill your secrets—what’s the top fitness “secret” that really enhances your fitness experience? As they say, ‘variety is the spice of life’. Taking different classes keeps me challenged and engaged.
4. What is your favorite fitness spot? Of course, I’m going to have to say my own studio, Athletic Grace Dance Studio, because it’s where all of my students come to get a great workout!
5. What’s your best stress-reducing strategy? I usually workout even harder to help reduce stress. I also find laughter a great reducer of stress, too!
For more info on Grace’s classes at her El Segundo studio, check out her website AthleticGrace.com.